Before your operation
ADMISSION PROTOCOL FOR PATIENTS AT CURE DAY CLINICS HOSPITALS
- The following protocol must be adhered to during admission:
- Admission form must be completed in full. A new admission form must be completed for each separate admission.
- Medical aid card and ID-document of the main member must be available during admission.
- Valid authorization number must be obtained prior to admission. No admission to theatre without medical aid authorization.
- It is the responsibility of the member to contact their medical aid to enquire as to the limits applicable and available for the procedure (prosthesis, take home medication, etc.) Please obtain the cost for all implants from the attending doctor to ensure the medical aid will cover the cost.
- Minor patients must be accompanied by one/both parents, or the court appointed legal guardian. In case of guardian, legal documentation must be supplied.
- If a parent/guardian is not able to accompany the patient, a certified copy of the parent/guardian’s ID-document, as well as a certified letter of permission for the relevant stated procedure to be performed must be supplied upon admission. A standard form for completion prior to admission is available upon request.
- Informed consent for the applicable procedure must be signed for by the member during admission into the wards.
- Private patients must pay a deposit upon admission. The payment may be made via EFT, cheque, cash or debit/credit card. Please contact the Administration department to enquire as to the applicable tariff. The account must be settled in full upon discharge.
- All co-payments and deductibles relevant to applicable medical aids, must be settled upon admission.
- Please check with your medical aid that Cure Day Clinics Private Hospital is regarded as a service provider to your medical aid – specifically the relevant plan on which the membership is based.
- All x-rays and reports must be available upon admission, for the perusal of the attending doctor – especially for orthopedic and dental procedures.
- Valuables - Please leave any valuables at home, as the clinic cannot be held responsible for any loss.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS Pre-admission Forms
After your operation
DISCHARGE PROTOCOL FOR PATIENTS AT CURE DAY CLINICS
- The following protocol must be adhered to after discharge from Cure Day Clinics’ Hospitals:
- Patients must arrange alternative means of transport after recovery, as no patient will be allowed to drive him/herself home after receiving general anesthesia during a theatre procedure.
- Patients - or in case of a minor, the parent/guardian – must sign consent to discharge prior to leaving the ward area.
- It is the responsibility of the member/patient to ensure ownership of all personal belongings, x-rays, prescription, sick note, etc. upon discharge.
- Private patients will not be discharged before the hospital account is settled in full.
- If a copy of the hospital account is needed, the member must request so at the Reception Area before discharge. The means of delivery must also be stated and telephonic enquiry must be made in the event that no copy was received.
ALL MEDICAL AID, AS WELL AS PRIVATE ACCOUNTS WILL REMAIN THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE MEMBER. THE MEMBER MUST ENSURE THAT THE ACCOUNT WAS RECEIVED BY THE MEDICAL AID WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER DISCHARGE DATE AND WILL REMAIN THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE MEMBER TO FOLLOW UP UNTIL SETTLED IN FULL BY MEDICAL AID. SHOULD THE MEDICAL AID FAIL TO PAY THE ACCOUNT IN FULL, THE MEMBER WILL BE LIABLE FOR THE BALANCE AND PAYMENT IN FULL TO THE HOSPITAL WITHIN 30 DAYS.
Patients who are members of medical schemes have to obtain authorization from their medical scheme for the planned procedure. It remains the member’s responsibility to obtain this authorisation. In order to ensure your quick and efficient admission to our clinics, patients have to obtain the necessary authorisation prior to the admission. *See financial information for details.
- Cure Day Clinics Bellville (practice number: 0770000611379)
- Cure Day Clinics Bloemfontein (practice number: 0561851)
- Cure Day Clinics Medkin (practice number: 7700121)
- Cure Day Clinics Midstream (practice number: 0423556)
- Cure Day Clinics Erusmuskloof (practice number: 0448087)
- Cure Day Clinics Fourways (practice number: 0770000644021)
- Cure Day Clinics St Stephen’s Paarl (practice number: 0468541)
- Cure Day Clinics Somerset West (practice number: 0561851)
Cure Day Clinics will submit the accounts directly to the medical schemes on behalf of the member, but the full settlement remains the responsibility of the patient. Should a medical scheme short pay the clinic due to exclusions or any other reasons, the patient is liable for the outstanding amount. Please note the standard co-payments, as determined by your medical aid are payable on admission.
All patients classified as ‘Private’ will be required to settle their account upon discharge.
Members of medical insurance companies or medical aids with whom Cure Day Clinics has not direct payment agreement, will also be required to settle their account on discharge. *See financial information.
Click here to view frequently asked questions.